Saturday, February 14, 2009

Baby Log, Stardate Feb.14. 2009

First of all, I want to wish my little girl Eryn a Happy Birthday. She is such a sweet and helpful little girl and we are so blessed to have her.

second- Update on the newest addition.

We have decided that we will call him Ryan. So, that is what we are calling him. Sharel and Ryan got to come home yesterday around noon. We had a wonderful nurse who I think worked extra hard to get us discharged before noon. We came home and Sharel went to bed. So far Ryan is very quiet. He eats every 3-4 hours and seems content to either sleep or look around. I know that they say newborns can't smile and they can't see, but last night Ryan was looking around while I was talking to him. His eyes were darting back and forth like he was trying to focus on something. He finally looked right and me, and then he smiled. It only lasted for a second and then his eyes were back to moving around. Maybe I just have that new father naivetee, but I think he was able to focus his eyes on me for a second and liked what he saw.

Anyway, he so far is quite content and easy. Sharel and I find ourselves doing things we never would have done with Eryn and Rachel, like leave him sleeping in his bassinet in the bedroom while we eat dinner, or leaving him alone in the living room while we go look for a diaper. We know he is in no danger, and it is nice not to have new parent jitters.

All the kids have taken a shining to him, even Grant. We were a little worried that Grant would be jealous, but so far he has not. Not to say that he won't ever get a little jealous, but he is actually quite gentle and soft with Ryan. Of course Eryn wants to hold him every second and she does a great job of it. Rachel has been the most reserved so far, but even she wants to hold him and play with him.

I will post more videos and pictures when I get the chance.

Peace- I'm out.

2 comments:

TheFirehouse said...

I have never believed that newborns can't see or smile. I think that's a myth. I've seen newborns smile and it's not gas.

Andrea Olsen said...

Maggie smiled a lot in her sleep when we first brought her home.
She likes to look at me and smile now though.
Even though today she hasn't done hardly anything but cry and wake her self up. She seems exhausted.
And we all know that when she's exhausted, I am too!